Patrick Galvin, Chief Galvanizer
- As the chief galvanizer of The Galvanizing Group, I’m passionate about galvanizing loyalty, referrals and sales for individuals and businesses ranging from sole proprietorships to publicly traded companies.
- I’m an accomplished professional speaker and a past president of the Oregon Chapter of the National Speakers Association. Since 2004, I’ve delivered hundreds of keynote presentations, general sessions, workshops, and webinars to associations and companies in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe. I teach audiences how to integrate face-to-face and online networking and also speak on the topics of branding, word of mouth marketing, customer service, and public relations.
- I write about marketing-related topics for a variety of trade publications and The Galvanizing Group’s blog and monthly eNewsletter (signup here).
- I’m the author of the book The Connector’s Way: A Story About Building Business One Relationship at a Time. It is a parable about a struggling business owner who discovers simple yet effective ways to cultivate relationships in the real world and online and uses them to fuel his success.
- I co-wrote Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success which illustrates how humans can work smarter and be happier, from the perspective of my wise and witty boxer dog, Bella. Publisher’s Weekly called the book “delightful and insightful.”
- I’m an enthusiastic member of the Rotary Club of Portland where I’ve served in various leadership positions. I’m currently on the club’s Trust Board and head up the Travel Fellowship. In 2015, I was a featured speaker at the Rotary International Convention in São Paulo, Brazil.
- I earned an MBA in International Marketing from Thunderbird. Upon graduation, I worked as the international sales manager for an industrial and agricultural equipment manufacturer building and training a profitable sales network throughout North and South America. I subsequently became president of my family’s furniture stores where my focus on earned media rather than paid advertising fueled 300% sales growth over three years.
- I graduated cum laude from Georgetown University with a BSFS (Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service). I received a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship for postgraduate studies at the University of São Paulo, Brazil. In addition to my native English, I’m fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
- My wife, my eight-year-old daughter, and I enjoy a variety of outdoor activities in the beautiful Pacific Northwest including hiking, swimming, running, and camping.
Patrick spoke to 70 of our salespeople and zeroed in on the importance of word of mouth. He helped educate our sales force on how to use today’s social media tools to improve word of mouth results. Patrick was entertaining, professional and educational. Our sales force said that Patrick’s message was just what they needed to hearBrandt Hulse
Patrick’s presentation on word of mouth marketing during our 117th Annual Conference and Trade Show really connected with the audience of Texas Independent Insurance Agents. His easy, genuine manner combined with his depth of expertise on the subject was well received by participants who were attending from across the great state of Texas. Attendees I spoke to seemed excited about putting his practical ideas into use.Rick Bondurant
As the founder of the Alliance of CEOs, I work with hundreds of CEOs and Patrick Galvin has worked with a number of our members. He has always gotten rave reviews and I can wholeheartedly endorse Patrick. He’s extremely creative, knows how to get things done, doesn’t make promises he can’t deliver and makes sure that his clients all get maximum value. He’s also a high integrity guy and awfully nice as well.Paul Witkay