Ellen Galvin, Business Strategist & Coach
- I work with companies and teams seeking to become better business relationship builders and help them set measurable goals to track their progress. Clients know me as a critical thinker and a clear communicator who takes complex business and brand issues and simplifies them down to their essential elements.
- Before co-founding The Galvanizing Group in 2002, I was an Engagement Manager for Prophet, a San Francisco-based brand and marketing consulting firm where I managed brand strategy consulting projects for clients in the U.S. and Europe including Allstate, Berendsen, British Petroleum, Wells Fargo, Jamba Juice, Levi Strauss & Co. and Discovery Channel. Before that I spent seven years in financial services with Callan Associates Inc. in San Francisco and Morgan Stanley in New York City.
- I have an MBA from the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley, California) and a BA from Hofstra University, NY (Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa).
- I have written articles and opinion pieces on behalf of clients that have appeared in major newspapers throughout the U.S. and in business and trade publications covering industries from healthcare to commercial construction.
- Personally, I love writing about the people, places and pets that make life colorful, fun and interesting (enthusiastic entrepreneurs, mischievous dogs and travel are favorites). My freelance articles have been published under my byline by the Bay Area News Group (San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, Contra Costa Times), In Magazine (the in-flight magazine for LAN Airlines), Bay Woof, and the specialty sailing magazine Cruising World.
- I was the voice behind Bella the Boxer, an opinionated and savvy dog whose literary efforts and social media savvy garnered the attention of The New York Times, The Oregonian, San Francisco Chronicle, Chicago Tribune, KGO Radio, KATU-TV, KOIN-TV and more.
- I co-wrote Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success (Joseph Rudolph Publishers, 2011), the book Publishers Weekly called “delightful and insightful” and the Midwest Book Review named “an excellent and highly recommended resource.”
- I speak German and French and can get by in Spanish. I have tried to learn Mandarin to keep up with my daughter who is in an immersion program—with little luck.
Ellen has been instrumental in helping Grange Insurance Association refresh its brand. She has used her knowledge and expertise in developing strong brands to help us discover our brand identity and look at what kind of promise we are making to the agents who sell our products and the consumers who buy them. She has really helped us think about how we want to occupy our customer’s minds and the experiences we want to create for them. I would highly recommend Ellen for any organizational brand work.Bob Horn
As the voice of our company’s brand, Ellen is able to translate scientific and technical details into consumer friendly content that gets consumers and distributors interested and excited about our products. She understands consumer and agricultural perspectives and her blog posts, social media updates and e-newsletters rank at the top of search engine results for key terms. I appreciate Ellen’s professionalism, strategic mindset and excellent writing skills.Richard Affeldt
Ellen is the ultimate strategic think tank! She possesses the unique ability to analyze large amounts of information and assimilate it into a brand strategy that works. I recommend Ellen to any organization that wants to take their company and their brand to higher, more effective levels.Tanya Lamb